Have you been dreaming of an outback birding adventure? Always wanted to explore the Northern Territory?
Want to see those rare and endemic species?
Well pack your bags and migrate to a birder’s paradise and make NT Bird Specialists part of your BIG year.
Highlights of touring with NT Bird Specialists
- Experienced and professional award-winning naturalist guide and tour operation
- Assurance of travelling with an award-winning Australian Accredited Tourism Business and Licensed Commercial Tour Operator and Vehicle
- Maximum 4-8 guests (enquire for group bookings up to 11 guests+)
- Brilliant photographic opportunities
- Excellent interpretation and customer services
- Endemic, rare and iconic wildlife
- Diverse range of tropical bird life
- Diverse range of tropical habitats
- Stunning natural landscapes, largely unpopulated by people
- Boat cruises on rivers, wetlands and lakes
- Ancient and modern aboriginal cultures – ancient rock art, traditional stories, cultural activities and more
- Flexibility to stop frequently in small or private groups
- Maximum use of daylight hours
- World Heritage National Parks
- Birds! Birds! Birds! Birds! Birds!
- Contact us for more information and to ask about group discounts.
Our 1 to 10 day tours offer unique views of wildlife, cultural insights and brilliant photographic opportunities in iconic national parks and cultural landscapes of remote Australia.
Small and personal tours are led by our experienced, passionate and knowledgeable local guides from our award-winning team.
We use a comfortable four-wheel drive vehicle (maximum 4 adults / or 4 adults and 2 children) or people mover (maximum 6-8 adults) and can organise private groups of up to 11 guests or more.
NT Bird Specialists offer bird watching and photography tours around the Top End of the Northern Territory, the Eastern Kimberley region in Western Australia and Cairns in tropical North Queensland.
We seek birds and wildlife in the Darwin, Mary River, Kakadu and Pine Creek regions, and further a field in the Katherine, Victoria River, Timber Creek, Lake Argyle and Kununurra.
We visit many of the major habitats represented in tropical northern Australia and explore them by vehicle, on short walks and by boat, gently cruising along tropical rivers and Ramsar-listed wetlands. Covering the vast distances is worth while to maximise encounters with different species of birds and other wildlife.
A must-see destination on an NT Bird Specialists itinerary is the World Heritage Kakadu National Park. Kakadu is home to over one third of Australia’s bird species and it is a hotspot for endemic plant and animal life. It is also famous for it’s living aboriginal cultures and ancient rock art!
If you would like to seek even more species which occur only in isolated areas, book on to an 9 or 10 day tour which travels west towards Western Australia and includes all the highlights of the Kakadu region.
You can find yourself great prices and like-minded friends when booking on group tours.
Our tours can be tailored to suit your requests, such as seeking out a wish list of birds, booking a privately chartered tour/group and when choosing your own adventure itineraries.
A reasonable level of fitness is required on our group tours.
Most of our itineraries depart and finish in Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, or Kakadu National Park, Australia. Please see our TOURS page for specific itineraries.
Our tours are fully accommodated and inclusive of all meals (alcoholic drinks are purchased at guest’s own expense).
We dine in natural bush settings and local restaurants.
Contact us to organise your personalised or group tours TODAY.