COVID-19 Ready Policies & Travel Experiences:
For truly unforgettable immersions in remote wilderness areas of northern Australia, a wildlife journey with NT Bird Specialists is a must. We’ve implemented enhanced procedures in response to COVID-19 so that you can travel with peace of mind and confidence.
Get in touch today where your ideal wildlife adventure awaits: [email protected]
To support keeping our guests, team & remote communities safe, we’ve implemented the following procedures which all comply with Federal and Territory/State Government and Industry standards.
* Fully-vaccinated Professional Team Open for Business
* COVID-19 Safety Plans, Accreditations & Training
* Book with Confidence, Updated Booking Conditions
* Contactless Payments
* Spacious Clean Vehicles, Enhanced Hygiene Practises, Wide Open Spaces
* Tour Waitlists & Short-notice Travel Incentives – Ask us
Healthy & Fit For Travel: Please declare if you are unwell before commencing the tour. A PCR or other COVID-19 test may be required if you are displaying symptoms. Each case will be assessed individually. Some instances may require refusal of you on the tour to keep guests, staff & communities safe. If staff or guests become unwell on tour, masks-use will be an immediate requirement. Other Government regulations may need to be followed as directed by the guide (at guest expense).
General Fitness & accessibility – All group tours require a moderate level of fitness for walking over uneven surfaces for up 1-8 kilometres in warm conditions while carrying your own gear and water.
Private tours can be tailored to suit all accessibility requirements, excluding some mobility aids in vehicles *please contact us to discuss vehicle options.
Masks: Mask wearing may be required in some settings, including if anyone is displaying COVID-19 or cold and flu-like symptoms. Check with our guide if you are unsure of requirements or appropriate mask-use. For ease and comfort, we recommend you bring your own mask with you, otherwise we can provide you with one.
Enhanced Cleaning & Hygiene: We’ve added additional hygiene measures to our already clean vehicle and dining experiences, including sanitising stations, extra cleaning of high touch points, anti-bacterial air-conditioner treatments in vehicles and anti-bacterial wipes for optical equipment.
Social Distancing: Our tour groups our considered to be a single ‘travel party bubble’. However, where possible we create space by not filling our spacious modern vehicles to capacity, not only to improve window-viewing and leg room experiences, but to create space between guests. Breakfasts and lunches are served in a fresh open-air environment. Private cruise and charter options allow for maximum social distancing. Our guide works hard to make sure each guest has the opportunity to view and photograph subjects from individual vantage points if desired.
Training: All staff have undertaken COVID-19 Ready Training certifications and accreditations. Our guide, Luke Paterson, is the COVID-19 Safety Marshall for NT Bird Specialists and implements safety and hygiene practises before, during and after touring. Our Team regularly attends industry-leading training forums to stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 tourism requirements. Refer to our COVID-19 Ready accreditations here:
Please follow any safety directions requested by our COVID Safety Supervisor (Luke Paterson).
These may include:
* Declaring any COVID-19-like symptoms prior to or at any time you have symptoms on the tour.
Please conduct a personal Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) if you have symptoms (and take a photo of the results in case you need to provide to medical authorities). **If you’ve had COVID within 4 weeks, a test won’t be required.
We prefer all guests/guide wear a mask if anyone has symptoms until test results arise.
We suggest you bring 5 personal RATs per guest for tours longer than 5 days and at least 2 personal RATs per guest if touring for up to 5 days. Also pack paracetamol and/or ibuprofen as needed.
* Adhering to all government health advice/directions as appropriate at the time of travel and respecting the health and safety of fellow guests/guides.
How should I plan for COVID-19-Safe Travels?
Please review and follow the Northern Territory border entry requirements.
We recommend you keep up to date with your individual State/Territory requirements when travelling to/from the Northern Territory. A border entry form is not currently required to enter the NT.
For convenience, please have a screen shot or a print out of your Vaccination Certificate to show businesses if requested (the Apps won’t all work in remote areas where phone signal is limited or absent).
Getting COVID Ready for NT Travel
Here are a few steps you can take to keep yourself and others safe including:
* Review your travel insurance: In the event you test positive for COVID-19 while touring with us, you may need to book alternative private travel arrangements to manage your COVID-19 case. It is highly recommended that your travel insurance cover repatriation costs to avoid out of pocket expenses.
* COVID CareNT explains how to manage your COVID case if you have a positive Rapid Antigen Test.
Important phone numbers:
- NT COVID-19 hotline (to register COVID cases or for any queries): 1800 490 484
- National COVID Nurse Hotline for clinical advice if symptoms worsen, or you have health concerns: 1800 022 222
- More helpful contacts here: