Sarah’s projects have included:
- Developing sustainable Orangutan tourism communities in Indonesia – AusAid International Development Program/Orangutan Information Centre
- Tour guide and interpretive ranger training in Asia and Australia
- Tourism experience development
- Visitor experience programs
- Event management and committees
- Environmental and cultural interpretation projects and guide roles
- Community waste management programs
- Certificate 4 Tourism Guiding, Ecotraining Australia/Charles Darwin University 2010
- Bachelor of Ecotourism (Biological Sciences) Flinders University, SA 2006
- Australasian Ornithological Committee 2019 – Member of the organising committee
Sarah has a professional background in Ecotourism Development, Interpretation, Biological Sciences, Guiding and Environmental Education. Sarah’s worked in World Heritage national parks in Sarawak (Malaysian Borneo), North Sumatra (Indonesia) and the Northern Territory (Australia) for the past decade.
Birdwatching adds another element to Sarah’s passion for wildlife, sustainable travel and exploring remote and indigenous communities. Luke and Sarah have started birding around the world from – Sri Lanka to Dubai, Scotland to New Zealand and across Australia, helping to shape your sustainable tourism experiences. When seeing a new bird for the first time, Sarah really enjoys stopping in the moment and looking around her to see where birdwatching has taken them this time. Sarah joins large and international tours when possible, but most of the time is busy working behind the scenes to create your tour experiences.