- Red Goshawk
- Little Kingfisher
- Rainbow Pitta
- Chestnut-quilled Rock Pigeon (endemic)
- White-lined Honeyeater (endemic)
- Banded Fruit Dove (endemic)
- Partridge Pigeon
- Black Bittern
- Yellow Water birdwatching cruises
- Birdwatching focus
- Wildlife focus
- Photography focus
- Culture focus
- Walks rating
- easy | moderate
- Number of boat cruises
- Sleeping options
Tour notes & Add-ons
Sunday 30 Sept – East Alligator Region Birding: 6:30-11:30am
Venture to north-east Kakadu to explore sandstone country & riverine monsoon forests searching for: Pacific Baza, Rainbow Pitta, Arafura Fantail, Sandstone Shrike-thrush & Chestnut-quilled Rock-pigeon. Other wildlife includes Saltwater Crocodiles & Black Flying Foxes.
Mon 1 Oct – South Alligator Region Birding: 6:30-11:30am
Take a morning walk around the ever-changing & picturesque Mamukala Wetlands (3km flat loop walk) floodplain region. Search for billabong, floodplain & bush birds: Little Curlew, Varied Lorikeet, Red-backed Fairy-wren. Other wildlife includes Frill-necked Lizard & Agile Wallaby.
Wed 2 Oct – Burrungkuy (Nourlangie) Region Birding: 6:30-11:30am
Rise early for a flat 6 km return walk to a monsoonal vine forest, home to an array of endemic monsoon-dwellers: Banded Fruit-Dove, White-lined Honeyeater, Black Wallaroo (Barrk) & other specialities: Chestnut-quilled Rock-Pigeon, Helmeted Friarbird (sandstone race). A moderate level of fitness is required for the hot conditions & you need to carry at least 2 litres of your own water & morning tea (provided).
Sat 6 Oct – Mary River Region: 6:00-11:30am
Embark on an afternoon journey to seek elusive & rare species within a landscape of southern rolling hills & ridgelines dotted with Salmon Gums. Study Cathedral Termite mounds up close and scour the tree tops for the regal Red Goshawk in Kakadu. Keep your eyes peeled for: Gouldian Finch, Black-faced Woodswallow, Black-tailed Tree-creeper, Northern Rosella, Banded Honeyeater.
Sun 7 Oct – South Alligator Region Birding & Brunch: 6:30-11:30am
Take a morning walk around the ever-changing & picturesque Mamukala Wetlands (3km flat loop walk) floodplain region. Search for billabong, floodplain & bush birds: Little Curlew, Varied Lorikeet, Red-backed Fairy-wren. Other wildlife includes Frill-necked Lizard & Agile Wallaby. Finish Bird Week with a brunch at the bird hide (included in tour).
- *Pick ups/drop off from Jabiru on all tours. South Alligator pick up/drop off available on Mamukala tours and Cooinda pick up/drop off available on Mary River tour.
- *Start time: Approximately 6-6:30am
- *Finish time: Approximately 11-11:30am
- *Tours include: Professional guiding, morning tea, water, Kakadu bird list, communal spotting scope
- *Tours exclude: Kakadu Park Pass, meals not stated, accommodation
- *Please bring: Binoculars, wide hat, walking shoes/boots, backpack, repellent, sunscreen, 1L drink bottle
- *Maximum: 11 guests
- East Alligator
- South Alligator
- Burrungkuy (Nourlangie)
- Mary River
- South Alligator