- Sri Lankan Leopards
- Sigiriya Rock Asian Elephants
- Blue Whales in Sri Lanka
- Horton Plains
- Birdwatching focus
- Wildlife focus
- Photography focus
- Culture focus
- Walks rating
- easy | moderate
- Number of boat cruises
- Sleeping options
Tour notes & Add-ons
- – Tour is FULL BOARD (includes all meals & accomodation as well as all excursions stated in itinerary).
- – Optional tours & activities listed in the full itinerary. Detailed trip planning notes supplied on request and prior to departure.
- – Meals and dietary: *Be warned: Meals in Sri Lanka are delicious, wholesome and large! If you finish your serve, you may be forced into multiple helpings.
- – We practise and encourage a minimal impact style of wildlife tourism.
Email us for detailed itinerary & Sri Lanka trip planning info at: [email protected]Sri Lanka Trip Notes
‘Immerse yourself in World Heritage wilderness and ancient cultural sites while searching for unique and endemic birds and wildlife in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka, the Wonder of Asia, the Pearl of the Indian Ocean’.
‘Ayubowan’ (I-you-bo-wan) ‘Long Life’ is the Sri Lankan daily welcome that sums up what Sri Lanka does, it welcomes you. From the people, to the pleasant tropical climate and stunning wildlife scenes found amongst biodiverse and ancient cultural landscapes.
Sri Lanka is three times the size of Kakadu National Park but boasts an incredible eight World Heritage sites! The photographic opportunities are close up and breath-taking and include some of Sri Lanka’s 440+ species birds (33 endemics), 123 mammal species (16 endemic, 28 marine), over 200 species reptile, more than 140 species amphibians and many thousands of insects. Some cultural sites and ruins date back 3,000 years and the Horton Plains was home to some of Asia’s early humans dating back over 30,000 years.
We tour only with accredited and experienced local National Field Guides specialising in birdwatching and biological research and we support local communities and guides wherever possible. We focus primarily on seeking endemic and iconic birds and wildlife but also taking in some of the major historic cultural and archaeological sites around the island and searching for their wild inhabitants.
- Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake, Colombo
- Wilpattu National Park
- Nuwara Eliya
- Horton plains
- Yala National Park
- Bundala National Park
- Udawalawe National Park
- Sinharaja Forest Reserve
- Galle Forte