Have you been dreaming of an outback birding adventure?
Want to see those rare and endemic species?
Well pack your bags and migrate to a birder’s paradise and make NT Bird Specialists part of your BIG year.
Highlights of touring with NT Bird Specialists
- In safe hands with experienced and professional award-winning bird and photography guide
- Capture brilliant photographic moments
- Enjoy excellent interpretation and customer services
- Seek endemic, rare and iconic birds and wildlife in a diverse range of tropical habitats
- Travel to stunning natural landscapes, largely unpopulated by people
- Immerse yourself while cruising rivers, wetlands and lakes
- Experience ancient and modern aboriginal cultures, occupation and rock art sites
- Enjoy flexibility in private or small groups
- Get the most out of your daylight hours
- Explore World Heritage National Parks
- Go remote – comfortably, safely and easily
- Birds! Birds! Birds! Birds! Birds!
- Assurance of touring with an award-winning Australian Accredited Tourism Business and Licensed Commercial Tour Operator and Vehicle
- Maximum 4-8 guests (enquire for group bookings up to 11 guests+)
- Contact us for itineraries and touring details.
NT Bird Specialists’ award-winning team leads exceptional bird watching and photography tours exploring the tropics and outback Australia. We seek endemic, rare and migratory species in biodiversity hotspots, including the Northern Territory, the Eastern Kimberley in Western Australia and Cairns, Queensland. These regions have impressive species lists of 400+ bird species.
As Darwin’s local award-winning wildlife and photography tour operation we pride ourselves on providing a wealth of intimate local knowledge and breath-taking natural experiences. Expert local knowledge of the region’s flora and fauna helps our specialist guide, Luke Paterson, find guests their target species and experiences. His attention to detail and amazing ability to spot wildlife has earned him a reputation for having ‘hawk-eyes’.
You’ll explore the best bird watching and wildlife locations by comfortable air-conditioned vehicles, by boat and on foot. You don’t just have to love bird watching to enjoy our tours, as we encounter unique wildlife and aboriginal occupation and rock art sites as we travel overland to iconic remote landscapes such as: World Heritage Kakadu National Park; Fogg Dam; Nitmiluk National Park; the Victoria River Region; Timber Creek (Northern Territory), Lake Argyle; Kununurra (Western Australia), East Kimberley regions, as well as Cairns (Queensland).
Each tour is designed to maximise your wildlife-viewing encounters and capture jaw-dropping photos.
Itineraries can be tailored to suit your needs or you can join a like-minded small group.
Photography tours include private boat cruises and use of portable photographic hides.
A must-bird destination on an NT Bird Specialists itinerary is the World Heritage Kakadu National Park. Kakadu is home to over one third of Australia’s bird species and it is a hotspot for endemic plant and animal life. It is also famous for it’s living aboriginal cultures and ancient rock art!
Travel further afield to more isolated areas in search of regional specialities and isolated populations of Gouldian Finch flocks and Yellow Chats to name a few.
Most of our itineraries depart and finish in Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, or Kakadu National Park, Australia. Please see our TOURS page for specific itineraries. A reasonable level of fitness is required on our group tours.
Our tours are fully accommodated and inclusive of all meals (alcoholic drinks are purchased at guest’s own expense).
We dine in natural bush settings and local restaurants.
You can rest assured with NT Bird Specialists, as we combine over 22 years experience in the region when packaging the best ecotourism experiences on offer, so you have more time to spot wildlife and soak in your surroundings.
Our services in special-interest nature tourism are amongst the best on offer. Come and experience them for yourself…
Contact us to organise your personalised or group tours TODAY.