- 34 Endemic birds of Sri Lanka
- Serendib Scops Owl
- Sri Lankan Leopards
- Horton Plains
- Sigiriya Rock
- Birdwatching focus
- Wildlife focus
- Photography focus
- moderate | high
- Culture focus
- low | moderate
- Walks rating
- easy | moderate
- Number of boat cruises
- Sleeping options
Tour notes & Add-ons
Sri Lanka 27 March – 10 April 2024 (Join waitlist or register for 2025)
For those of you who join our 15 day Sri Lankan Birds & Wildlife Tour in 2024, we will be travelling in a small group with a max 11 guests and 1 NT Bird Specialist tour leader (Luke Paterson), along with a professional Nationally Accredited Naturalist/Bird Guide and driver team in a tourist bus.
These tours are highly specialised for bird and wildlife watching and you can see the obvious benefits these small group and sustainable ecotourism experiences bring to a multitude of guides, villages, communities and habitat preservation.
- – Tours are FULL BOARD (includes all guiding, tours, meals, transport, entry fees & accommodation plus items as stated in itinerary).
- – Meals and dietary: *Be warned: Meals in Sri Lanka are delicious, wholesome and large! If you finish your serve, you may be ‘forced’ into multiple helpings.
- – We practise and encourage a minimal impact style of responsible wildlife tourism, wildlife photography and cultural engagement
- – Detailed trip planning notes supplied to guests prior to departure.
Add-ons & Extensions Include:
- Pre & post tour accommodation
- 5 Day Blue Whales & Cultural Triangle Tour
- 3 Day Blue Whales & Galle Forte Tour
- 1 Day Colombo City Highlights Tour
- Enquire for Maldives and Indian Tigers
Email us for detailed itinerary at: [email protected]Sri Lanka Trip Notes
Our Sri Lanka birdwatching and wildlife tour focuses on Sri Lanka’s 34 endemic birds and iconic wildlife while supporting local communities and taking in some of the major archaeological sites around the island while searching for their wild inhabitants. We tour only with accredited and experienced local National Field Guides specialising in birdwatching and support local communities, restaurants, hotels, trackers, guides and rangers wherever possible.
After leading two successful 15 day tours (2019) and two 16 day tours (2020), as well as private tours and research trips, our best yet 15 Day Sri Lankan Birding & Wildlife Tour is open for bookings (27 March-10 April 2024) to visit Sri Lanka’s best birdwatching sites. These tours are suited to those wanting to explore this incredible island within a minimal impact small group of like-minded bird and wildlife-lovers.
You can also book our shorter or Private Sri Lankan Birdwatching, Photography and Cultural tours.
Sri Lanka is three times the size of Kakadu National Park but boasts an incredible eight World Heritage sites!
The photographic opportunities are up close and breath-taking and include some of Sri Lanka’s 440 species birds (34 endemics), 123 mammal species (16 endemic, 28 marine), over 200 species reptile, more than 140 species amphibians and many thousands of insects.
‘Immerse yourself in World Heritage wilderness and ancient cultural sites while searching for endemic birds and wildlife of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka, the Wonder of Asia, the Pearl of the Indian Ocean’.
- Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake, Colombo
- Wilpattu National Park
- Nuwara Eliya
- Horton plains
- Yala National Park
- Bundala National Park
- Sinharaja Forest Biosphere Reserve