- Unique wildlife & rare birds up close
- Macro & bird in flight techniques
- 3 Private wildlife photography cruises
- Led by award-winning specialist guide Luke Paterson
- Tutorials with professional photographer Jay Collier
- All experience levels welcome
- Birdwatching focus
- low | moderate
- Wildlife focus
- Photography focus
- Culture focus
- Walks rating
- Number of boat cruises
- Sleeping options
Photographic Workshop: Top End Birds & Wildlife Immersion
Darwin – Pine Creek – Kakadu – Mary River, Australia’s Northern Territory
This wildlife photography workshop has been specifically designed for you to capture key endemic and speciality birds and wildlife of the Top End, such as the sought-after Rainbow Pitta, Gouldian Finch, Hooded Parrot, 7 species of kingfisher, Saltwater and Freshwater Crocodile, Frill-necked Lizard, macropods, plus many of the 290+ bird species found here.
NT Bird Specialists and Jay Collier from the Photography Workshop Co are partnering up for a 6th year to bring you this exclusive Northern Territory wildlife photography workshop. During our comprehensive & specialised photography travel package (7 days of field workshops/tutorials and a welcome evening) you’ll learn and trial Jay Collier’s creative photography techniques in diverse and remote World Heritage landscapes.
Intimate local knowledge and the super-sharp eyes and ears of award-winning guide Luke Paterson will ensure you’re positioned well to make the most of your time with incredible species.
Join our breath-taking wildlife photo workshop in remote Northern Territory World Heritage sites:
• Immerse yourself in ancient wilderness while photographing rare & migratory bird species plus iconic macropods, reptiles, invertebrates and amphibians in the Northern Territory.
• Enjoy 3 private photographic cruises on Ramsar-listed wetlands teeming with wildlife (9-hours, led by Luke Paterson).
• Increase your up-close photographic encounters with unbeatable local knowledge when exploring a huge array of biodiverse habitats.
• Learn pro tips for photographing wild birds and animals in their natural environment without disturbance.
• Be professionally led by award-winning specialist bird and wildlife guide Luke Paterson (23 year’s experience in northern Australia).
• Enhance your photography techniques when tutored by photography educator Jay Collier (17 years experience Australia & Africa).
• Sit back, relax & enjoy life through your lens during our fully-accommodated package including all meals & private customised touring vehicles with professional accredited driver throughout.
• All camera brands, experience levels and non-photographing partners welcome.
• Extend your adventure and join connecting tours – see dates and special offers below.
Join Australia’s Best Birding & Wildlife Team for a Photographic Immersion You’ll Never Forget.
Rest assured with our award-winning team as we combine over 38 years experience when packaging our custom ecotours. Our local expertise and services in special-interest nature tourism are amongst the best on offer. Come & experience it for yourself.
Read our 5 Star Guest Reviews here:
Book today, spaces are limited and fill quickly.
Enhance the experience, join connecting tours:
If you would like to see more of this beautiful country & have the time to stay & play longer, we have connecting photography tours for many departures. *Enquire today about special offers & see Itinerary section below.
See our Special Offers and Tour Notes below.
Get Social: Share & Tag your Images With Us & Join Our Networks
Follow Our Facebook and Instagram pages @ntbirdspecialists_birdingtours #ntbirdspecialists
Join the Photographers Collective Facebook group for exciting updates about this expedition.
Join our photographic and wildlife network by subscribing to NT Bird Specialists’ ENewsletter here.
- Kakadu National Park
- Mary River
- Pine Creek