- Sunrise/Set, Astro & Macro techniques
- Optional helicopter aerials
- 2 Private photographic cruises
- Exclusive access safari camp
- Private Aboriginal rock art sites
- All experience levels welcome
- Tutorials with professional photographer Jay Collier
- Led by award-winning specialist guide Luke Paterson
- Birdwatching focus
- low | moderate
- Wildlife focus
- Photography focus
- Culture focus
- Walks rating
- Number of boat cruises
- Sleeping options
5 Night Wild Kakadu Nature Photography Expedition
Darwin – Kakadu, Australia’s Northern Territory
Join us on an exclusive photographic expedition through the heart of Crocodile Dundee Country.
NT Bird Specialists and Jay Collier from the Photography Workshop Co are partnering up for a 7th year to bring you this epic Kakadu nature photography workshop in Australia’s Northern Territory.
During five full days of field workshops and tutorials you’ll be immersed in trialling creative photography techniques within Kakadu’s remote World Heritage landscapes. Intimate knowledge and the super-sharp eyes and ears of your local guide Luke Paterson will ensure you’re positioned well to make the most of your time with Jay Collier.
You’ll be absorbed in endless wild photographic opportunities aboard two private cruises, including on the famous Yellow Water Billabong and visit ancient Aboriginal occupation sites adorned with rock art and living cultural histories dating back 65,000 years in the region.
Sunrise, sunset, astro, macro, (optional) doors-off helicopter aerials and of course bird photography techniques will be covered.
We tailor our sessions to suit all photography experience levels from beginners to advanced. This is the perfect opportunity to meet like-minded photographers and ask those tricky questions that can save you hours of research, trial and error, but best of all, take some incredible photos on your own camera set up on this remote Australian adventure.
Join our epic nature photography expedition in Kakadu’s World Heritage sites to:
• Capture incredible images with guidance from photography educator Jay Collier (18 years experience Australia & Africa)
• Be professionally led by specialist bird and wildlife guide and owner of NT Bird Specialists Luke Paterson (24 year’s experience in northern Australia)
• Warm up with a private 3-hour dawn bird photography cruise along the Mary River.
• Travel to stunning remote natural landscapes, largely unpopulated by people and make the most out of daylight hours for optimised time in the field.
• Stay at an exclusive-access aboriginal-owned accommodation in Kakadu, home to Bunitj traditional owners. The tented safari camp allows us to have epic daily encounters with birds, wildlife, private rock art sites and 360 degree panoramic landscapes of the Arnhem Land escarpments and surrounding floodplain region.
• Take the opportunity to capture this epic world heritage site from above during a chartered doors-off helicopter aerial photoshoot over drying floodplains and coastline (spaces limited). 60 mins. 2 guests per flight. Optional extra.
• Rest your body and expand your mind: refine your skills and try new techniques during photographic tutorials with Jay Collier
• Top off this incredible photographic journey during a privately chartered 3-hour bird and wildlife photography cruise led by specialist guide Luke Paterson on the infamous wetland of Yellow Water Billabong in the heart of Kakadu. These boats usually fill with 60 people so enjoy the space!
• Sit back, relax & enjoy life through your lens during our fully-accommodated package including all meals & private customised touring vehicles with professional accredited driver throughout
• All camera brands, experience levels and non-photographing partners welcome.
• Extend your adventure and join connecting tours – see dates and special offers below.
Join Australia’s Best Birding & Wildlife Team for a Wild Kakadu Expedition You’ll Never Forget.
Rest assured with our award-winning team as we combine over 38 years experience when packaging our custom ecotours. Our local expertise and services in special-interest nature tourism are amongst the best on offer. Come & experience it for yourself.
Read our 5 Star Guest Reviews here:
Book today, spaces are limited and fill quickly.
Enhance the experience, join connecting tours:
If you would like to see more of this beautiful country & have the time to stay & play longer, we have connecting photography tours for many departures. *Enquire today about special offers & see Itinerary section below.
See our Special Offers and Tour Notes below.
Get Social: Share & Tag your Images With Us & Join Our Networks
- Kakadu National Park