- Learn from professional Photographer's Collective leader Jay Collier
- Led by award-winning specialist guide Luke Paterson
- Any brand camera gear welcome
- 3 Private photographic wildlife cruises
- Birds & wildlife up close
- Private Arnhem Land tour & art centre
- Private Aboriginal rock art sites
- Optional helicopter photoshoots
- Landscape photography
- Birdwatching focus
- Wildlife focus
- Photography focus
- Culture focus
- Walks rating
- Number of boat cruises
- Sleeping options
29 August – 2 September and 4 – 8 September 2021, Darwin – Kakadu – Arnhem Land, Northern Territory
Join us on an exclusive photographic expedition through the heart of Crocodile Dundee country. *Additional dates released*
* 5 days exceptional wildlife & landscape photography immersion in Kakadu and Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, Australia
* Exclusive itinerary to capture incredible images while learning under expert guidance/tuition from professional photographer Jay Collier from the Photographers Collective.
* Led by award-winning specialist wildlife/naturalist guide Luke Paterson of NT Bird Specialists (20 years experience in Northern Australia and Kakadu).
*Any brand of camera equipment suitable.
• Warm up with a private dawn birding photography cruise on a two-level houseboat at Corroboree Billabong.
• Stay at an exclusive aboriginal-owned safari camp accommodation in Kakadu’s northern reaches, home to Bunitj traditional owners. The camp allows us to have epic daily encounters with birds, wildlife, private rock art sites and 360 degree panoramic landscapes of the Arnhem Land escarpments and surrounding floodplain region.
• A private day trip into Arnhem Land provides stunning and authentic insights into ancient living aboriginal cultures at the community art centre, private access rock art sites and timeless expanses of wilderness to photograph in the golden light.
• An aboriginal-owned cultural cruise along the freshwater reaches of the East Alligator River reveals traditional knowledge and stories from local kunwinjku-speaking aboriginal guides, Saltwater Crocodiles on mass and 1.8-billion-year old sandstone river country.
• Take the opportunity to capture this epic world heritage site from above during an optional chartered aerial photography helicopter session over drying floodplains and coastline (spaces limited). 60 mins. 2 guests per flight.
• Rest your body and expand your mind during regular photographic tutorials with Jay Collier to refine your skills and try new techniques before the next shoot.
• Top off this incredible photographic journey during privately chartered 3-hour bird and wildlife photography cruise led by specialist guide Luke Paterson on the infamous wetland of Yellow Water Billabong in the heart of Kakadu.
• Covid-Safe accredited award-winning tour operators
• 18-seater spacious 4WD bus
• Tour departs and concludes in Darwin, Northern Territory Australia.
• All meals, touring and accommodation included during tour (see inclusions/exclusions below).
• Optional aerial photo shoot spaces limited.
• Limited single rooms available. Solo guests can pair up to remove single supplement charges.
• Comprehensive travel insurance is compulsory. Moderate general fitness is required. Walks over uneven surfaces with some rocky steps to lookouts and high temperatures.
• Read our 5 star reviews
*Please be respectful and always ask before photographing people.
*Equipment-hire may be available closer to the date. Stay tuned.
Get Social, Share your Images & Join Our Networks
Share your images with us:
Tag & Follow Instagram: @ntbirdspecialists_birdingtours #ntbirdspecialists here
Join our photographic and wildlife network by subscribing to NT Bird Specialists’ free ENewsletter here.
- Mary River
- Arnhem Land
- Kakadu National Park