Yes. NT Bird Specialists aims to be an Accessible Tourism Business wherever possible.
We aim to offer accessible birdwatching tours and photography experiences to all people, regardless of their physical abilities or age.
Private tours can be tailored to suit many accessibility requirements.
Our Accessible Birding Set Up:
- Vehicles: Although our vehicles are not wheelchair-accessible, they do have space for a folding wheelchair/frame and/or walking aids.
- Cruises: We can organise some boat cruises with ramp access too.
- Locations/terrain: Due to the rugged remote location of some areas we visit, not all locations will suit all guests.
- Accommodation: Accessibility standards vary in remote areas, however we always book the ‘most-accessible room/bathroom options’ where possible.
- Meals/Dietary Requirements: Please see our Dietary FAQ for more information
- General Fitness & accessibility: All group tours require a moderate level of fitness for walking over uneven surfaces for up 1-6 kilometres in warm conditions while carrying your own gear and water.
- Walks rating: Walks vary from easy to moderate (relatively flat with the occasional walks up to lookouts or rocky steps). We recommend a private charter for those who would find this difficult or have reduced mobility so we can tailor accordingly.
You may also like to book a private tour for a more strenuous/fast-paced itinerary with difficult grading tours.
You can download our Accessibility & Dietary PDF at the top of our FAQ page.